Install VSCode from here.
- Go to VSCode application
- Go to File which is next to VScode at the top left corner.
- Under File there is "Auto Save".
- Click on it so that a check mark appears next to it.
- Click on "File" again and this time there should be a check mark next to "Auto Save".
Enable code command
- Go to VScode application
- Press "Shift" button, "Command" button and "p"
- Type > shell command
- Select "Install 'code' command in PATH
- VScode will give you a prompt. Click "Ok".
- VScode will ask for your laptop password. provide password.
- Now let's test if command "code" is working or not.
- Open terminal
- Type code dummy.txt on terminal. A dummy.txt file should open in VScode.