BigBinary offers 3-6 months of internship to the qualified candidates.
We do not believe that interns need to be protected from the rigors of building a digital product. Infact the whole point of internship is to show them how we plan, build, ship and maintain software.
As an intern you will have access to all our slack channels. You will have access to all GitHub repositories of the internal products we are building.
You will get to see how we create issues, how we discuss design, how we do pull requests review, how we argue and how we manage conflicts. In short you will see how BigBinary works - for real.
You will be asked to design, code, debug and ship software. You will be writing a weekly summary of what you worked on that week and what you built.
Since we want interns to hit ground running from day one, we want them to do their homework before they start.
We want interns to finish The Ruby on Rails Tutorial by Michael Hartl
before starting your internship.
This book is available for reading online for free. Please go through all the chapters of this book. Just reading the book is not enough. As you go through the book please type all the code he discussed so that you have a good sense of what you are coding.
If you are stuck while working on this book then you can ask us a question via slack and someone from BigBinary will help you.
- In order to apply for internship please have following items ready before clicking on the link at the bottom of this page.
- Please have your resume in pdf format. Any resume which is not in pdf format will not be accepted.
- Please upload your resume to either to google drive or to dropbox and have a link to your resume ready. The link should be publicly accessible.
- The best way to check if the link to your resume is publicly accessible or not is to open google chrome in "incognito mode" and paste the url of your resume there. If you can see the resume then you are all set.
- Please have a short 2-3 minutes video of a software that you have built. Here is an example of a video created by one of the candidates. You should create a video something similar to that.
In order to record the video you can use loom
Because of the large volume of submissions we get we will contact you within a week if you are selected for internship or we have any question for you. If you are not contacted within a week then you can assume that you have either not qualified or we are full and we are not taking any interns.