Year 2015 was an exciting year for BigBinary !
Here is the breakdown.
We love conferences
- Garden City RubyConf, India
- RubyConf, Philippines
- RubyConf, India
- Reddot RubyConf, Singapore
- Deccan RubyConf, India
- Full Stack Fest, Spain
- RubyConf, Taiwan
- Rocky Mountain Ruby, Colorado
- RubyConf, Colombia
We are all in ReactJS
We at BigBinary adopted ReactJS pretty early. Early in the year we published series of videos titled Learn ReactJS in steps which takes a "Hello World" app into a full TODO application using ReactJS in incremental steps.
Vipul and Prathamesh are currently authoring a book on ReactJS. Check it out at ReactJS by Example- Building Modern Web Applications with React Book
We also started an ios app using React Native. It's coming along pretty good and soon we should see it in app store.
We authored many blogs
We love sharing our experiences via blogs on various topics like ReactJS, Rails, React Native and Robot framework etc. Here are some of our blogs from 2015.
- Author information in jekyll blog, Neeraj, Jan 2015
- Phone verification using SMS via Twilio, Santosh, Jan 2015
- Blue border around JWPLAYER video, Prathamesh, Feb 2015
- Gotcha with after_commit callback in Rails, Prathamesh, March 2015
- Voice based phone verification using twilio, Santosh, March 2015
- Verifying PubSub Services from Rails using Redis, Vipul, May 2015
- Using ReactJS with Rails Action Cable, Vipul, July 2015
- How to test React Native App on a real iPhone, Chirag, Aug 2015
- Configuring Pycharm IDE to run a Robot Framework test suite or a single test script, Prabhakar, Oct 2015
- Migrating rails app from postgresql to sql server, Rohit, Oct 2015
- Getting around Apple iTunesConnect account activation issue, Prathamesh, Oct 2015
- Rails 5 allows setting custom HTTP Headers for assets, Vipul, Oct 2015
- Using Stripe API in React Native with fetch, Chirag, Nov 2015
- How constant lookup and resolution works in Ruby on Rails, Mohit, Nov 2015
- Explicitly ssh into vagrant machine, Neeraj, Dec 2015
- ApplicationRecord in Rails 5, Prathamesh, Dec 2015
- Learn Ruby on Rails
- Learn ReactJS in step
- Keep up with ReactJS
- Learn Selenium
Apart from our team members contributing to various OpenSource projects, we also support some projects from our team. This year, we added and helped build following projects-
- Wheel : Wheel is our Rails template for new Ruby on Rails projects, with sane defaults and setups for different environments, and common functionalities like image uploaders, debugging, etc.
- Mail Interceptor : Interception, Forwarding emails in Ruby on Rails application
- Handy : A collection handy tools and Rails tasks for your Project.
- Learn ReactJS in Steps : Collection of examples from Learn ReactJS in step video series.
- Doctsplit Chef(Link is not available) : Check cookbox for docsplit ruby gem
- Fixtures Dumper(Link is not available) : Dump your Rails data to fixtures easily to a database to populate data.
Along with speaking at various conferences, we also helped organize, our Fun edition of Pune's regional RubyConf, DeccanRubyConf, and supported other Indian Conferences, including RubyConfIndia, GardenCity RubyConf.
We also help Pune's local ruby meetup, which had a splendid engagement this year.
Overall we are super excited about what we accomplished in year 2015. We are looking forward to an exciting year of 2016!